The FUNAI Advancement Centre is committed to the actualization of FUNAI’s vision and mission as it serves as a catalyst in the promotion of partnership, innovation, scholarship and internationalization within FUNAI.
The FUNAI Advancement Centre (FAC) is an arm in the Vice-Chancellor’s Office that serves as the coordinator and facilitator of partnerships and collaborations between FUNAI and various organizations, industries and agencies within and outside Nigeria. FAC is responsible for creating awareness, building relationships, partnership, collaboration and generating support for FUNAI’s teaching, research and public service missions. This is to be accomplished through a strategic effort that incorporates strategic communications, marketing, alumni relations (in due course), community and government relations, as well as resource planning and administration.
The Centre for Advancement and Linkages is charged with the responsibilities of reaching out to friends of FUNAI as well as stake-holders, investors and philanthropists to partner with the University towards her vision of being a leading world-class University.
FUNAI Advancement Centre is developing a platform for the “Online Student Progress Mechanism” for our staff undergoing some courses/training abroad. This is aimed at creating a framework for greater communication between FUNAI, the Graduate School, Supervisor(s) and Students progress in meeting the goals set each year and clarification of goals for the following year.
Some of these include:
Providing a forum for academic members of the staff to showcase their significant research findings.
Helping FUNAI staff members to develop new linkages with colleagues across different disciplines in the university.
Helping in the building of necessary linkages between FUNAI and relevant industries as well as showing the larger society the innovations taking place in the university.
Providing a good platform for FUNAI staff to participate in national, and international research exhibitions.
Programmes and Collaborations
The activities of the FUNAI Advancement Centre include:
- Raising public awareness of FUNAI’s excellence in research, teaching and service.
- Encouraging, promoting, and securing public and private resources to support FUNAI’s world-class teaching and research facilities.
- Assisting the FUNAI Management in the proper co-ordination of the training and career development programme of the staff of the University.
- Supporting academic and developmental priorities of the University.
- Creation of an environment that fosters philanthropy and strengthening lifelong relationship of the Alumni with the University. Building the University’s brand to enhance its reputation and visibility.
The University has active collaborations with: