The Bursar is the head of the Bursary Department and Chief Financial officer of the University. He is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor in the daily control and administration of the University Financial matters.
FUNCTIONS OF THE BURSARY COULD BE SUMMARISED AS FOLLOWS:
- Payment of staff and third Party
- Maintenance of accounts and accounting records
- Preparation of Annual Estimates
- Budget and Budgetary control
- Handling of University’s and insurance Transactions
- Fund Management
- Receiving and accounting for the income of the University
- Preparation of Annual Final Accounts for External Audits.