Prof.Chukwunonso E.C.C. Ejike, PhD,
Director, Directorate of Academic Planning
The Directorate of Academic Planning Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo is the quality assurance organ of the University under the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
The function of the Directorate of Academic Planning includes:
- To guide and monitor the university’s activities in accordance with the statutory goals, mission and vision of the university.
- Preparing and revising the Academic Brief of the University;
- Dealing with NUC matters, resource and academic programmes planning and attending to academic development matters and Quality Assurance.
- Ensuring that the academic processes at FUNAI are of a national and international respected standard through the promotion of quality enhancement practices in the academic programming of the university.
- Ensuring the adequate provision of a conducive teaching, learning and research environment for staff and students.
- Determination of adequate staff strength and requirement to guide against any possible excess staffing and its attendant results.
- Preparation, computerization and publication of data on students’ admission, enrolment projections and determination of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE).
- Supply of Staff and Students data to NUC when required.
- Supply of Staff and Student data for University Annual Budgets
- Preparing, providing and updating all necessary statistics for the University Development Plans, including preparation of Staff and Students statistics for enrolment, projections and Academic Briefs.
- Carrying out continuous evaluation of the performance of academic programmes, rationalization of courses, de-merger/merger of academic units or departments.
- Collecting, collating and providing required data and unit costs for resource planning and budgetary preparations in the University.
- Collecting, storing and providing a variety of operational data and basic information for effective University administration and governance and serving as a Reference Facility in this regard to the entire University.
- Regular liaison and consultation with Deans, Registrar, Bursar, University Librarian, Admissions Officer, Personnel/ Establishment Officer on information and data on Staff and Students for planning purposes.
- Assisting the Vice-Chancellor in all Accreditation matters and also advising Departments and Faculties of programme review and preparation for NUC accreditation visits.
- Appraisal and processing of requests for affiliation from other tertiary institutions.
- Attendance and participation at the Conference of Directors of Academic Planning of Nigerian Universities (CODAPNU) meetings and other NUC organized Workshop affecting Academic Planning/Quality Assurance.
- Serving as Secretariat to the Academic Planning Committee.
- Sourcing for linkages and collaborations with other Universities/Institutions/Organizations for Human Resource capacity building and knowledge transfer.
- The directorate liaises with the National Universities Commission on behalf of the University and discharges any other duty assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.