ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE
P.M.B. 1010, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE.
TETFUND DESK OFFICE
One of the main goals of TETFund is to promote innovative expertise, concepts and structural skills in education. This is being achieved through the various intervention Programmes mounted by TETFund. The Academic Staff Training and Development (AST&D Masters and Doctorate Degree studies, Post-doctoral trainings), the conference attendance interventions (teaching and non-teaching staff of public tertiary institutions in Nigeria) and teaching practice interventions are core mandates of TETFund sponsorship. These interventions aim at improving the quality of teaching in Nigeria’s public tertiary institutions by giving beneficiaries the opportunity to have direct international and local exposure and experience in their various areas of specialisations as well as interact with peers across the globe. Indeed, TETFund broadens the horizon of academics by discontinuing the tradition of intellectual in-breeding which has been peculiar to Nigerian tertiary institutions.
Between 2013 and 2020, Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo (AE-FUNAI) has benefitted immensely from TETFund sponsorship. Scholars who have benefitted from TETFund sponsorship in different ways have attested to having attained a degree of exposure which they may not have been able to achieve on their own. TETFund sponsorship in the area of developing academic manuscript into books guarantees the accessibility of related academic texts and journals for teaching and learning in tertiary institutions. AE-FUNAI has also benefitted from this area of TETFund intervention.
STATUTORY MEMBERS OF THE AE-FUNAI TETFUND COMMITTEE
|2||The Director, Academic Planning||Member|
|5||TETFund Desk Officer||Member|
The specific mandates of the Desk Officer include among others:
- Communicating with TETFund to convey information, monitor accomplishments, and recommend to the University appropriately.
- Being present at meetings/workshop related to its area of coverage.
- Creating awareness about TETFund grants/interventions in the University.
- Following-up/tracking University documents/submissions at TETFund Office.
- Responding adequately and promptly to any task as may be requested by TETFund.
- Monitoring and evaluating the general performance of TETFund intervention
CALL FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS FOR SPONSORSHIP
The call for submission of applications for scholarship is made twice annually –February and June. The first call is made in February of a running year for those whose programmes of study will commence in September the same year. The second call for submission of applications for scholarship is made in June of a running year. It is open for those whose programmes of study will commence in January of a coming year.
For each of these calls for submission, the following are required
- Valid admission letter
- TETFund AST&D nomination form duly signed by the DVC or DAP, Dean and the applicant’s HOD (To be downloaded from this site.)
- Applicant’s passport attached to the signed form
- Schedule of fees from Institution of study
- Curriculum Vitae
- Supervisor’s profile
- Confirmation Letter as staff of AE-FUNAI
- Notification of Approval and approval of study leave form from AE-FUNAI
- Medical Certificate of fitness
- Letter of appointment issued by AE-FUNAI
- Submissions are made in triplicate in a white file.
Currently, sponsorship for conferences is suspended. Calls will be announced as soon as the suspensionis lifted.
ACADEMIC MANUSCRIPTS INTO BOOKS (AMB)
In order to make academic texts for teaching and learning in Tertiary Institutions easily accessible, scholars are granted the opportunity to benefit from TETFund . Calls for development of manuscripts into books are made thrice in a year (at the discretion of the desk office). However, only the manuscripts that meet the TETFund criteria are processed for submission.