Engr. Dr. Ngozi Eli-Chukwu
The FUNAI ICT aims to use ICT as a propelling force in providing quality teaching-learning, research, administration and outreach services to the University. ICT is viewed at FUNAI not only as a support service but as a driving force in providing quality education to FUNAI’s students.
The key objectives of FUNAI ICT Unit are as follows:
- To provide reliable network infrastructure and network based services (email, web hosting, internet, intranet, etc) for the University
- To study ICT related requirements of FUNAI and provide timely solution networks, hardware and software
- To conduct ICT related problem oriented research activity
- To Plan and administer FUNAI wide architecture for application software development and use
- To be an excellence center of software development, Network administration, Hardware and software maintenance, training, consultancy and web application development
- To ensure that the following services are provided effectively: Internet connection, Laboratory and office computers functionality, Computer System User administration, LAN connection and Functioning of various software owned by FUNAI
- To provide maintenance service to computers and network infrastructure
- To provide high quality outreach services to the University community such as Networking services, software development services, training services, Maintenance services, help desk support services to the University community on ICT applications and facilities and to complement the Internal Generation of Revenue programme of the University through the provision of ICT services within and outside the University Community.
Some of the on-going ICT projects include: Developing of University Course Management System (myFUNAI), increasing internet Bandwidth, design and implementation of Fiber Optics on the University Campus Network, training of all staff for computer proficiency, etc.